The Woodward Camp Foundation provides tens of thousands of dollars in scholarships in all sports each summer. These awards are distributed to deserving individuals who otherwise would not have the opportunity to attend Woodward Tahoe.
The Woodward Camp Foundation is made possible by contributions from sponsors, pro riders, individuals, gyms, and others who want to give something back to their sport and make the “Woodward Dream” possible for less fortunate children.
- The 1st Round of Scholarships are due April 21, 2017. The 2nd round are due on May 19, 2017.
- Camp Woodward, PA, Woodward West, CA and Woodward Copper, CO each have their own scholarship application, available on their respective websites.
- Be sure to fill out the application in its entirety. Applications missing information, including requested letters, will not be considered.
- Do not include unnecessary materials: photos, videos, etc., will be discarded. Scholarship aid is based on financial n eed only.
- Camp registration payments will be returned if your application is denied. We do not want to assume that we can provide enough funding for your child to attend and consequently do not want to tie up your money, which would be subject to cancellation policies.
- If you are 100% sure that you will register your child for camp regardless of scholarship funding, please go ahead and book your childs camp. IF YOU REGISTER ONLINE, please select the Flex Pay option. NOTE: Scholarships may not be available for every week of camp. Registering your child for a specific week of camp before scholarships are awarded will not guarantee funding assistance for that specific week.
- We do not consider aid for multi-week stays. The Foundation’s mission is to assist in getting as many children to camp as possible.
- If you have multiple children applying for scholarships, apply for each independently … include all required materials for EACH child.
- If your aid application is postmarked before our early registration discount deadline, we will honor the discount even if you receive notification of the award after the deadline. You must register your child by the new deadline on the award notification to maintain eligibility for this discount.
- Scholarships are need-based; decisions are not based on talent or achievement of the camper. The more specific you can be about your financial situation and/or need for financial aid, the quicker the scholarship committee will be able to evaluate your application. If you or your child have made efforts to save or earn money for camp, mention it in your letters. Your child’s letter should discuss his or her love of the sport and how s/he believes camp attendance will help him/her to achieve his/her goals.
- Limited funds are available. Scholarships are awarded in various amounts; not all aid is equivalent to full tuition. Travel expenses to and from camp are not included in awards.
- You will be notified via email if an award is made in your child’s name. Application review begins in May. Applications received after the first round of reviews in May will be considered within 2 to 4 weeks after they are received. We will continue reviewing applications until all award funding has been distributed. The earlier you can apply, the better your chances are of receiving aid. Unfortunately, we will receive more applications than we will be able to award. You will be given a deadline to accept your award; if we do not get your registration form by that deadline, we will assume the award has been rejected.
GoPro is giving away 2 scholarships to Woodward Tahoe’s Digital Media Camp, be sure to apply and tell us how much you love GoPro and Woodward for a chance to be chosen!