Start With Woodward
Start with Woodward is an innovative learn to ski and ride program that will have you riding down the slopes in no time. Our lessons focus on individual progression using our state of the art indoor facility before heading to a private learning area on snow. Inside, we begin lessons on our soft floor with various mats, pads and tools to introduce basic concepts in a warm and forgiving environemnt. From here, we progress to our trademark Park Ski or Park Board equipment, which continues to develop your skills such as stance, body position and movement. Finally, we head to our specially desgined learning area known as the Start Park, which has rollers and berms that allow you to transalte all you learned inside right to snow. Our professional instructors will have you skiing and snowboarding before you know it, and our lessons are the most fun you can have at any resort in Tahoe.
- Start With Woodward is offered daily.
- Available for beginner skiers and snowboarders, ages 4+ Students are typically placed in groups of 6 or fewer students.
- Lessons run from 10:00am-4:00pm and include lunch. Please arrive at least one hour prior to the lesson start time for the registration process which includes registration forms, ticketing and equipment rental fitting. Be sure to bring athletic clothing for the indoor part of the lesson so you can stretch and move freely without overheating.
- All lessons include a lift ticket, inside and on-snow coaching, rental equipment and lunch.
- Check-in for Start with Woodward at the Woodward Tahoe Front Desk. After check-in, our staff will walk you through the rental fitting process so you are set-up for a successful day.
- Woodward Tahoe requires all participants to wear a snowsports helmet while in a lesson. Helmets are available to rent for $10.
- Reservations are highly recommended- No refunds issued within 24-hours of lesson.
- Lessons include a Core Membership to the Woodward Bunker for the remainder of the 2016-17 winter season.
- For more information, please call (530) 426-1114.
- Rates are subject to change during holiday periods*.
*Holiday Dates: November 24-27, 2016; December 17, 2016 - January 8, 2017; January 14-16, 2017; February 18-26, 2017.
After purchasing your lesson online, go to the Woodward Tahoe front desk with your confirmation email to check-in.
Enroll in our Woodward 360 program online today! Simply pre-purchase 3 premium lessons and earn a FREE 2016-17 All Access Pass after completion that gives you unlimited access to both Woodward Tahoe and Boreal Mountain Resort!
Ready to start your winter now? We have the only lesson program on the West coast where you can start your winter season without snow! Our unique ski and ride program begins November 11, 2016 right inside The Bunker, which hosts a state of the art training facility. Start with Woodward will help you develop basic ski and snowboard skills that translate right to snow. Using our trademark Park Ski and Park Board equipment you can try out skiing and snowboarding indoors for the first time. If that wasn’t enough fun, we also have trampolines, foam pits and other mats and pads designed to work on balance, coordination, and strength. The time spent indoors now will give you skills that easily relate to your first time on snow later. Come work with our professional staff and we will have you skiing and snowboarding before the mountain even opens!